Dec 30, 2013

Anna Gives Chase

Anna's classmate, Levi, has a new baby sister and Anna is quite excited about the news.  This afternoon, she set down to work on a card telling him how happy she was for him.  She can't wait to go back to school and deliver it to him.  I didn't get to see the actual card part because she taped it up already, but I was tickled to see the envelope's heartfelt inscription instead. 


too LEVi
FRUM ANNA

OLCHAS
YtooDA ♥
(I'll chase you today)

This was the FIRST I have heard of playing chase at recess.  I usually just hear about who hurt her feelings when they wouldn't play with her.   So when I read this and my eyes got big and I grinned in surprise, she clued me in telling me that the girls ALWAYS chase the boys at recess and that the boys like to be chased.  

Adorable!

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

The universal language of love...girls and boys chasing each other. Ha! Love it and her enthusiasm and the fact that she wants to express it through the written word.

Kimberly said...

It's so strange to hear the 'chase' talk from Anna now, too. I remember Noah's recess days not too long ago when the boys chased the girls. :}