Dec 18, 2013

Anna: Straight Shooter

So, yes.  Yesterday she might have stomped on my heart by so bluntly dismissing - nay, INSULTING - my affection for her.  She's lucky I have a sense of humor!  "It messed up the napkin" indeed.  Stinker. Clearly, words of affirmation don't really do it for her. After tonight, I think I see better what does ... quality time.

Tonight, while we were out after dinner, Josh dropped Anna and I off at Aldi to grab a couple things.  She and I had a consult in the chips aisle deciding which kind she wanted to take to school for her Christmas party. She insisted on sweet potato chips, by the way, though I tried to convince her otherwise.  Whatevs.  We grabbed her chips and a couple other things and continued on our way around the store towards the cashier. That's when my little tag-along layed it on me from a few steps behind.

Anna: Vis is my favorite fing.
Me:  It is?  Wait. What is?
Anna: Vis.  Just being wif you.

Y'all. Seriously.What is a momma to do with that besides melt in a puddle right there in aisle 2?  She stuns me with the things she will say.

4 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

This is her cousin Aaron's love language as well....just time with us.

What a heart-melting moment to treasure.

Kimberly said...

Time to start up some mother-daughter activities, I guess! Now that I think about it, the poor thing has to sit on the sidelines for the most part while I focus on Noah's school stuff all week. Glad for this little wake up call!

Emily said...

awwwwwwwe!!!!!

Brooklyn's love language is quality time too. Our bike rides/runs are always her favorite part of the day :) Just me and her. Love it!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

That girl of yours is a treasure for sure. I've loved reading these and love that you document these things and pay attention so closely to all that's going on in their heads and hearts!