Mar 5, 2013

Anna + Sea Star

Our little pink tadpole took her turn at a swim lesson today and it went just swimmingly!


You know me and last summer's drama with Noah learning to swim.  {Shiver} I had my share of pre-swim-lesson anxiety that I was mature enough to not project onto Anna.  She has been really looking forward to today for the past couple weeks!


She cried one time after she went under against her wishes, but Mrs. Bev was a more-than-competent soother for a panicky child.


The other three boys in her class were clearly better swimmers.  They could stroke and swim to the teacher unassisted, face in water. So it seems Anna is a special case in her group. :} Good things it's a small group.


Thankful for a gentle and highly recommended teacher for my girl's first go at swimming.


We have strict orders for Anna to practice putting her face in the bathtub in goggles WITHOUT using her hand to plug her nose.  Challenge accepted!


We'll see you next week, Sea Star.  And every week after that til May ... whereby I will probably re-enroll the girl AND her brother in a couple mini-quarter classes just for good measure. :)

3 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I personally think Anna and Noah need to put their newly acquired swimming skills to the test at the beach one day. Like, say, one in the Florida panhandle.

She looks adorable.

Kimberly said...

I think so, too! Alas, we have a November trip in the books instead. :}

Emily said...

I need to get Natalie in swim lessons too! Way to go Anna!! You are doing a great job!