Mar 23, 2013

Signs of Spring

The calendar says it's spring, but our weather says winter has not quite hit the road.  Now, I am not complaining about that, trust me!  I am glad that next week's Spring Break will be with temps in the 40s and 50s.  I just keep that opinion on the down low so as not to aggravate my friends. :}  BUT, while the weather is not quite warm, we are seeing signs that spring is juuuust around the corner.  

Our raised-bed garden is now prepped and ready for cucumbers, tomatoes, and broccoli.


The sandbox has been stocked with fresh sand.
 

The fire pit has been pulled back out and has a nice new cover now, too. We roasted marshmallows last weekend, in fact, when the temperature jerked up into the 70s.


Anna's dahlia flower from last summer is apparently growing back in.  That was a fun surprise! She has been setting up rocks around it to "protect" it. :}


Things like this can be seen drying on the back porch on a daily basis.  Oh, yes.  Summer is on the way!
 

Our neighbors daffodils are in bloom and so is our bradford pear tree.  Josh even went ahead and ran the mower over the back yard because it was getting tall in spots.
 

And the sidewalk chalk is back in action as well.  Apparently, Daddy, Noah, and Anna were keeping score.
 

Looking forward to the coming week off of school and the following weekend with my sister.  The outlook is bright for sure!

5 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

I'm secretly glad it's going to be in the 60s over our spring break even though it's putting a kink in a certain 17 year olds beach plans. I just remember too well what July and August are like when we hit the 100 degree mark and stay there for days on end.

Enjoyed your Spring pictures. You should see our area now. The dogwoods and azaleas are absolutley gorgeous.

So sweet of Anna to protect her flower.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Isn't spring so fun? I love when winter goes away and new life takes it's place. If our weather was in the 40s, 50s, and 60s, I'd be dancing for joy. Sadly, we're still below freezing.... but at least the sun is shining today and it shone all day yesterday. :-)

Amy - I really miss seeing azaleas in the spring and am looking forward to that next year when we spend spring in Florida!

Emily said...

spring break in teh 40 and 50s? Ugh! and how about this.... we've had to mow the stinkin' yard once every month since December. Ridiculous...BUT I don't dislike the warm weather that has kept our grass green!

Kimberly said...

Spring IS fun, Elizabeth - the brightness of a new start is always energizing.

Emily - I have dreaded the heat when we come next weekend, but Josh says it's only looking like low 70s. It's gonna be perfect! Can't wait!

Amy - your secret is safe with me. :}

Kimberly said...

Ha! I spoke to soon. They are now calling for snow the next two days. :}