Mar 12, 2013

Idiot Animal

The dumb dog that we've had for 2 1/2 years now has suddenly started peeing all over the house.


It's bad enough that we have to clean up after him when he leaks during his excited or nervous moments.  A submissive pee-er is an annoying issue I have tolerated til now.  But now that he is voluntarily peeing around the house, I am afraid I have no other choice but to kick him in the head.  And that only because I can't quite convince Josh to take him out behind the shed and shoot him in the head. (Relax, relax - I haven't kicked him in the head yet.  But in my heart I have.)

Angry much?  Yes, I'd say so.

We have taken to blocking off the stairs because it seemed he was peeing upstairs only.  But today Noah brought me some of his toy soldiers from the playroom that were covered in nasty, crusty dried yellow crap.  So I can only assume the dog now pees in other downstairs locales, too.  Our last resort is to start crating him when we leave the house and at night.  That starts today and already annoys me because it is one more thing we have to do while we are trying to pile out of the house at any given time.  I am not much interested in any more dog maintenance than we already do, so I am doing so quite begrudgingly.

And in light of that mood, I have already warned the kids to prepare their hearts to say goodbye to Chewie if this bad habit doesn't stop and stop quickly.  Mommy is close to her breaking point.  Mommy is hating on the dog.  Mommy won't put up with much more.  He's just a dumb animal.  (To which Noah tells me "dumb" is a bad word because Mrs. Arnold says so.  And I told him she is right; we shouldn't use that word to describe people. But in the case of a dumb animal, I will allow it.)

Watch your back, ChewChew.  Your days are numbered!  {Insert evil eye}

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I feel your pain :-(

Emily said...

Tinker was almost gone due to all her antics....but thankfully, big dog old age has finally set in, for the most part. BUT.... in regards to you poor puppy....I would say, take him in and see if he is having a kidney or bladder infection. That just requires a trip to the vet and some antibiotics. If it's worse than that....it's up to you what you do. But sudden onset of peeing all over doesn't sound right in my health-minded eye.

Kimberly said...

If he had an infection, would he travel further to go to the bathroom though? It takes more effort for him to go all the way to the guest bedroom than it does for him just to go outside...

Still, I'll make an appt just to rule it out.