Mar 25, 2013

Anna at 4 1/2

Our Anna-girl is officially a half-year older.  She's 4 1/2 now and that much closer to a big bad FIVE years old this coming fall. {insert image of me shaking my head in disbelief} And in honor of that, here are some Anna things for the keeping in order to remember a little more of her at this age.


New milestones for Anna since her 4th birthday:
  • She's graduated from her car seat and now proudly rides in a booster seat. 
  • And accordingly, she can know buckle herself in.
  • She's officially outgrown her MyGym class and will finish up her tenure there this May.
  • She now gets herself in bed for her nap all by herself, setting her nap clock herself, too.
  • She's not allowed to NOT eat at dinner anymore.  We make her eat, even if it takes an hour at the table by herself.
  • She is decoding words and using a lot of inventive spelling.
  • As already blogged, she has asked Jesus to be her Savior.
  • And just yesterday she took her first communion at church! 
  • She's wearing 4T stuff now, but in bathing suits she is a scrawny 2T still. :}
  • She is almost as tall as Noah.  They look so close to the same height.
  • She can now put her whole face/head in the water thanks to having started a swim class recently.
  • Bathtime has turned into a series of loud bumps and thrashing as she proudly practices swimming.
  • Now she wants to be a swim teacher when she grows up. (A declaration that came after a particularly scary but successful day at swim class.)
Anna quirks that are particularly her:
  • She is ALWAYS in pjs or dress up clothes when home.  Changes as soon as we hit the door.
  • She will put on inside-out clothes and then pull them off again in order to turn them right side out.
  • She opts for saying 'Sure' alot lately.  Sure it is, I sure will, Sure!
  • She, for some crazy reason, STILL gets cradle cap in one specific spot on her head.
  • She is like me - she cringes her way through AFV every Sunday night.
  • She bemoans how long it will be before she can drive.
  • She has her heart set on turning 6 so she can go in the attic and turning 8 so she can go on the roof.
  • She collects ribbons, rocks, and claims she would like to collect tape, too.
  • She is obsessed with planning her birthday party in the fall ... which she has requested to be a surprise.
  • She wants to be an angel this coming Halloween and she wants an Angel birthday cake.
  • She is so affectionate.  And this is reflected in the fact that she is a "card" making machine!
  • She digs naming things.  Some of her name ideas for her dolls include Arianna, Ezra, Vanna, Doffey, Baffy (Bathy).
Quotes:
  • "Noahhhhhh. I am tryinggggg to be a Christian.  Stop bugging meeeeeeee." 
  • "I don't have many boyfriends, but I have a lot of girlfriends." 
  • "You know what's super boring?  Waiting." 
  • Speaking to her toy - "Good thing I brought my medical kit.  Now let me clean the wound." 
  • She calls Jesus' crown of thorns his "pokey hat".
  • When asked to put away some clothes, she said, "You know, Mommy, princesses aren't really made for helping with laundry."
  • Me - when your guests get here you can say, Welcome guests!  Anna: "Ummm, I think I'll just say hello."
  • When I commented how good Noah's hair smelled, Anna sniffed it and had a different opinion. "Noah, your hair smells like tortillas!"
  • At the dentist's bathroom, I asked her if she could do it by herself or if she needed me. She claimed she needed me, so I went along.  Once in there, she confessed, "I just needed you for company."
  • She calls out "cannon bomb" for "cannon ball."
  • When Josh dressed her in an outfit she did not like, she pouted, "Daddy! I look so boring!"
  • Then she warned him, "Mommy is not gonna like what you picked out!"
  • In between watching Mickey Mouse and playing with her nativity set, Anna looked up and said out of nowhere, "Jesus is Christ the Lord. Always. You know that, Mommy?"
  • Everyday after her nap, she comes straight to me and says, "Good afternoon, Mommy," while she nuzzles my arm.
  • When dressed up in her new sparkly flip-flops, she said, "Listen - My fwip-fwops make a summery sound."
Big words she's used lately:  amulet, department, pendant, hallelujah, misunderstand, exhausted, categories

1 comment:

Emily said...

what a fun list! Jack has cradle cap in one spot on his head too! Ugh!