Mar 12, 2013

Taa Daa: Birthday Bits

So I turned 34 on Sunday.
Josh and the kids made me a cake to mark the occasion. :) 


I have taken to requesting projects getting completed in lieu of gifts lately and I much prefer it!  For this b'day, I asked Josh to fashion me some strips of hooks for all my measuring spoons/cups.  Turned out great!


Anna gave me a new pair of scissors (since I lost my favorite pair a couple months ago) and I just think it was the most thoughtful little gift!  I love my new scissors ... and all the more since she picked them out.


And it was just a fun bonus to get this new cake carrier, too.  I've wanted one for awhile but never mentioned it to Josh or anything.  I was tickled that he grabbed one while shopping with Anna.  I was also tickled to get some birthday money in the sweetest birthday card from my mother-in-law and father-in-law.  It's gonna be difficult to spend it on myself and not something already in our budget, but I am gonna give it a go. :)  Thank you, Carol!

And in an odd turn-of-events, after an 8 month silence, I got a ridiculously cold and dry card from my parents from whom we are estranged again.  I don't even know what to make of that.  And that's all I'll say about that.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love your cake (and scissors, and cake carrier, and spoon hooks). I wondered if your mom would send you a birthday card.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Loved your birthday bits. Hope you enjoy 34! :-)

Amy Faye Brown said...

What a sweet birthday provided by your sweetest sweeties!
I think I've already told you, but, girl, you are blessed!