Oct 27, 2011

A Little Leaf Love

Y'all.  Seriously.  I ♥ fall.

I am in hog heaven when fall comes.  And topping the list of the many things I love about fall are all the GORGEOUS colors that the trees turn.  I just dig fall leaves.  So you'll have to pardon me while I indulge in a little leaf love for this post. :)

The finished product from a leaf project the kids did at a play date we hosted last week.


My lovely tree by night.


The next day.


And the day after that.


Yesterday, Noah, Anna and I collected leaves that we liked.  Then we laminated them to be able to admire them longer.  I'm thinking I might introduce the kids to doing some impression coloring with these as well.


And all this leaf gathering and laminating reminds me of some special leaves that hang on the wall in our living room.  Only months after Josh and I got married, we picked these leaves while walking with our beast of a dog, Jasmine, on a gravel road in front of our very first home up on a hill by Lake Lanier in Georgia.  We laminated them at work on the school's laminater (don't tell) and they are near and dear to my heart.  They've been on the wall in all our living rooms since. :)

3 comments:

Emily said...

I remember when you FIRST laminated those things....you were as excited then about leaves as you are now....only you get to pass on your love for leaves to your kiddos now....how neat is that?! What fun!

Kimberly said...

Wow, Emily! I'm impressed you remember that!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I've never laminated leaves and framed them, but I do still have a pressed, framed leaf that I gave to Shannon when we were dating... and on his parents walls are framed leaves similar to yours from when they visited us in Ohio one year for Thanksgiving. :)