Oct 6, 2011

Dental Drama

Anna got a thumbs up from her dentist last week - No Cavities.  I'd have given the visit a thumbs up, too, if I didn't have have to pay $100 out of pocket so she can continue there for another year.  (Josh's new insurance does not cover pediatric dentistry and I am so sad about it.)


The same dental thumbs-up was not given to my sweet Noah this week however.   In my 32.5 years, I have only ever had one cavity (that I still dispute the validity of), so you can imagine my grief when I was told by our new dentist on Tuesday that Noah had TWO.  I was nervous enough taking him to a regular dentist without hearing news like that!  Anyhow, I took him today to get the fillings done and it was all a real non-issue for the boy. A little giggle-gas, a little drilling, a little - no, a LOT - of adoration and praise by the entire office and staff, a toy or two on his way out the door, and Noah decided that he likes the new dentist more than the old (pediatric) dentist.  So that was reassuring news at least.   I had to wait in the waiting room while the deed was done on his teeth or I would have a killer picture to go right here.  Kicking myself now for not having the nerve to ask.  :(  I only have this wimpy shot of Noah outside the dentist's office after it was over.  He's smiling kinda funny because his top lip and tongue were still numb.


I guess now, at least, he's officially cavity-free again, too. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Noah! But what a trooper. I don't know what I'd do with Jacob if he ever got one. I mean...he just had a nonfreakish dental visit this year and he's SIX!