Jun 16, 2010

Amens: Psalm

This book was interesting to read from The Message but nowhere near as well-worded and near and dear to my heart as the translations I know by heart - NIV, NKJV, NLT. Still, some notables from this version...

Psalm 22:23 - Shout Hallelujah, you God-worshippers...

Psalm 23:6 - Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life.

Psalm 37:34 - Wait passionately for God, don't leave the path.

Psalm 37:37 - Keep your eye on the healthy soul, scrutinize the straight life; There's a future in strenuous wholeness.

Psalm 37:39,40 - The spacious, free life is from God; it's also protected and safe. God-strengthened, we're delivered from evil - when we run to him, he saves us.

Psalm 63:3 - In your generous love I am really living...

Psalm 64:10 - Good-hearted people, make praise your habit.

Psalm 65:1,2 - Silence is praise to you ... And also obedience. You hear the prayer in it all.

Psalm 65:5,6,7,8 - Earth-Tamer, Ocean-Pourer, Mountain-Maker, Hill-Dresser, Muzzler of sea storm and wave crash, of mobs in noisy riot - Far and wide they'll come to a stop, they'll stare in awe, in wonder. Dawn and dusk take turns calling, "Come and worship."

Psalm 66:4 - ...can't stop enjoying your name and fame.

Psalm 89:7,8 - ... he looms immense and august ... powerful and faithful from every angle...

Psalm 89:15 - Blessed are the people that know the passwords of praise...

Psalm 90:2 - From "once upon a time" to "kingdom come" - you are God.

Psalm 112:7,8 - Unfazed by rumor and gossip; Heart ready, trusting in God, Spirit firm, unperturbed, Ever blessed, relaxed among enemies...

Psalm 119:175,176 - Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well, use your decrees to put iron in my soul. And should I wander off like a lost sheep - seek me! I'll recognize your voice.

No comments: