Jun 14, 2009

Weekend Happenings

This weekend we have been up to ...


Jumping: We went to Monkey Joe's on Friday. This time it was a treat to get to let Anna participate to a certain degree. Mostly Anna and I just followed Noah and Josh to whatever jump they headed to and then we cheered and giggled them on. Anna was most amused by watching them climb up and away and then slide back down to where she was. But she was also ready to try her hand at some of the fun as well. Here's Anna in the "Under 3" play area.


Rearranging: Moved a computer to Noah's room as well as his little trampoline. His room is looking so good even I like to spend time there now.


Swimming: Well, swimming in the little turtle pool only so far, but we did sign Noah up for swim lessons for July.


Snoozing: I slept in til 9:30 Saturday morning and the kids were out with Josh til 11:00. Bliss.


Watching: I tried to read Lonesome Dove about a month ago and had to abandon it because I was pretty bored. BUT, now it is playing on the AMC channel this weekend. Sadly, Josh says watching the mini-series does not count toward my annual book count. Too bad.


Watching Noah: Noah asks us to watch him all the time lately... watch what he's watching, playing, or attempting to do. Currently, he likes to attempt this sort of twirly karate kick type jump ... thing.



Training: Noah is making big gains in the potty training department. And for ONCE, we have chosen and love to use a Pampers product. We like the Pampers Easy Ups much better than the Huggies Pull Ups. The Pull Ups kept leaving a sticky grit all over him if he wet them. Easy Ups don't. And Easy Ups have a nice smell to them.


Discovering: It's the M and M's that have been causing Noah's breakouts on his face. Luckily, M & M Kissables do not. Makes for a happy substitute for the aforementioned potty training.


Gathering: A ton of clothes and books for Amvets Donation.


Riding: Noah got to ride a pony. He calls himself a brave boy now.


Connecting: Tried a Connect group at this newest church we are trying. REALLY liked it.

Going Out: We went to a church picnic tonight and I was so nervous to go. Afraid we would not know a soul. But right away we were spotted by one couple from the Connect Group from this morning and from there we met and talked to so many people. Even better, so many couples in our life stage with little ones the exact ages of our two. One girl and I are going to try to get together this week, too. Tonight was a really good sign and good step for us finally. I think we won't be needing to try any more churches. I think we found our church home here and that feels really good. House home, check. Mexican restaurant home, check. Church home, check!

Suspecting: We fear Anna has another ear infection. Going to the dr. tomorrow to confirm.

Shopping: I went shopping with Noah to get Josh's Father's Day gift. Noah decided on cookies and a race car for his Daddy. But with a little mommy help, we picked out something else...except we did still get the cookies after all. Daddy really likes his cookies and Noah was very persistent about it.

Dressing: Adored my girly in her lemon suit. Matches her sourpuss moods...or are they just ear infections. Someone please tell me!!!


Goofing Off:



IRR-UH-TATING. I have no idea why this post is in a million different fonts. Blogger is on crack today I think.

3 comments:

Emily said...

awe! I like the picture of Noah doing his kickboxing or whatever it is...looks kind of like a dance move from the picture! And Anna is really getting a look to her finally! More defined...still long and lean!
I bet she's just irritable because he ears hurt...I'd be a sour girl if I didn't feel good...get some tubes in those ears...it's no big procedure and will save you a lot of trouble in the future..and save HER some pain. Poor girl.

Kimberly said...

She ended up not having one. I can't figure this girl out.

Alison said...

Yea for a`small group!! :)