Jun 16, 2009

Stressed Out

Josh left today and won't be back until Friday. That in itself stresses me out not a little.

Then today we got blasted by some severe weather and tornado warnings that left me calling Josh almost in tears while I drove home not knowing whether to pull over like everyone else was or turn around and go back to Noah's school or press on and try to get home before it got worse. It came that quickly. I had the wipers on full blast and it didn't even put a dent in the sheets of water on the windshield. I could only see the lights of the car out in front of me. And I could only feel the wind pushing and pushing my car over where I was not meaning to be. So stressed.

Then once the storm died down, we had to get to Noah's first session of allergy shots today. He got tense and cried of course while the shots were administered, but in truth, I was way more tense than him. One, because shots, needles, and all that stuff make me queasy myself. And two, this was my poor baby starting a long haul down a road of many more shots...and he is only 3. It just isn't fair. He shouldn't have to get used to needles and shots. Makes me wanna cry just thinking about it again. We go back on Thursday for some more.

Then on the way home I about ripped out the bottom of my car and called Josh again all frazzled and afraid. He thinks I just scratched the frame underneath and he is probably right, but it doesn't take away how embarrassed I was to have ended up straddling a curb that was sandwiched between two different levels of concrete and some landscaping, too. Oh, so embarrassing. And I just had to power through and keep driving til I reached the end of that strip for fear that if I stopped my car would be stuck - well that and being afraid to face anyone who may have witnessed the spectacle that was me and my car. The only comic relief was Noah in the backseat, confused by all the wobbling and scraping and jerking of the car and saying, "Ah do-ning, Mommy? Ah do-ning?"

3 comments:

Emily said...

YOUR PAIN, MY GAIN...I AM LAUGHING SO HARD...YOU POOR GIRL! I've ran into curbs too-though no landscaping has even been abused, but Brooklyn just thinks I do it on purpose...and says "woooo woooo woooo" and starts laughing like we just went on a rollercoaster ride. So funny...but I'm glad you didn't get hurt too. THings like that are BOUND to happen when men are out of town.

Heather said...

Sorry, Kimmie, but I am laughing too, mostly at Noah's comments. Zachary is starting to ask that all the time too.."ah-doing, ahts at momma (what's that momma). I'll pray the week only gets better.

Unknown said...

Oh my! I would be a mess too in that storm and oh how embarrassing about the minor incident.

Noah's comment is too funny. LOL
I hope the rest of the week is better while Josh is away.