Jun 9, 2009

A La Carte

So I saw a recipe for a certain flavorful hummus and I made it and I love it. And Josh is so weirded out that I am eating something called hummus (which if you ask me, does sound like some sort of body bacteria slash fungus you would go to the doctor for). Josh keeps saying, "There is a hummus among us."

I sent Josh to the store with a grocery list. Among the items he was hunting was a bag of pita chips. They go great with the hummus, you know. He could not find them and had to ask a lady with a mustache to assist him. She tried, but in vain, and ended up finding someone else who could help them out. He found them, and they are indeed delicious with my hummus. But Josh still won't try it. He seems to be a little disturbed still by his memories of his time with the lady with the mustache. Well, that, and the fact that he was hunting pita chips for some hummus. He says he doesn't know me anymore.

Anna now eats the little puffs that melt in baby's mouth. But once they melt, she is weirded out by them and shoves them back out of her mouth. Then they stick to her face and hands and I have to wipe and wipe and wipe to get them off. Which she hates.

Josh tried the new Peach milkshake from Chick-Fil-A today. He does not recommend it.

Noah shared a popsicle with Josh today on the back porch. He kept smushing his little face on the glass to see me inside and tell me to come outside. And he just couldn't stop raving about his new treat. For me, the treat was hearing how he said popsicle: Pop-seeker.

10 comments:

Emily said...

you had me cracking up about Josh and and all the hummus talk! SO FUNNY!! Did you by any chance see that on Robin's www.RobinsChicks.com? If you did, I may have to try it out. It did sounded really good, but had weird ingredients that I didn't really want to go hunting for. But now, maybe I will. Katy, my college roommate...she ate hummus all the time. That's the only reason I even know what it is. Fun blog!

Emily said...

Oh and the way Noah says Popsicle..reminds me of how Brooklyn says, Towel - tow-er
and room is werm. Close. Fun times...except for today...Brooklyn and I had war all day long. And then she was having pretend dinner party with her toys after we put her to bed. Even took the phone to bed with her. Crazy girl.

Kimberly said...

Yeah, it's the one from Robin's blog. I thought about introducing myself to her and telling her that I love the recipe, too. :P

Heather said...

Sounds yummy! I must admit, i was like Josh with the word hummus just sounding like something disgusting. I haven't made it from scratch, but have bought it at the store and ate pita chips with it. It is super delicious! I may need to get this recipe! I think I also may need to go and get some hummus and pita chips tomorrow!

Unknown said...

you have me in stitches! The hummus and the mustache lady. Hummus does sound like an infection of some sort. I got my first taste of hummus at work...i work with some granola-ish people:-) I like it ok. I love it with the pita bread and chips. Robbie won't have no part of it...like Josh.

Gina said...

I'm with Josh on the peach milkshake from Chic-fil-a. I was disappointed. Too sugary and not enough peachy. :)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

There's a hummus among us... sounds exactly like something Josh would say. :) Too bad that boys miss out on SO many good things because they sound weird or look weird. Shannon won't eat most "granola" foods either. My friend and I made "sweet and sour lentils" one night, and he still refers to them as "vinegar beans"!

Kimberly said...

Elizabeth: Totally send me the vinegar beans recipe!! :)

Amy Faye Brown said...

Hummus! Yum! One of my absolute favorites! Try the Sabra brand - can be found at Publix or Winn-Dixie- it's very smooth and creamy and comes in great flavors!

Kate said...

That sounds yummy. I'll have to try it!