Nov 7, 2008

What Do You...?

What do you do with the messload of Halloween candy you have left over? Someone please tell me what to do with it...or we might snack ourselves silly on it for the next year!

What do you call a high degree of genius ability? Well, ordinarily you would call it ingenuity, I think. But not my husband. :) He looks up at me after figuring out how to set something up that was giving us fits and lets me know that I should appreciate his "geniusness." So funny, so ironic. We laughed and laughed about that for a good several minutes. And oh, how I do appreciate the geniusness that is my husband.

What do you do to keep the grin and giggle from erupting from your face when your toddler is being so bad and so adorably funny at the same time? Discipline is in order, but I have to cherish these fleeting moments now while I have them. For the record, Noah can now finish this sentence - I say "Mommy is the..." and he finishes it with "bo" which is boss. This comes after the spank, the time out, the tears, the toddler-appropriate lecture, and the hugs and kisses. Wrap it all up with a reminder that "Mommy(or Daddy)is the boss."

5 comments:

Emily said...

So funny! Brooklyn walluped me up side the head yesterday...and I sat there totally stunned that she just did that, and then spanked her diapered hynee 3 times and sent her to her room crying...
...
where she got immediately quiet because she found an illegal paci and plugged herself up. I go in there and tell her why she was spanked and sent to her room, and she said sawweee, mommy boo boo, pointed to my face where she walloped me, and kissed my cheek 3 times!
The funny part is she had just eaten a lollipop, so her kisses were all kinds of sticky, but i couldn't tell her not to kiss me where she wholluped me!
I laughed alone at that one, no one was home...
I don't know what that had to do with your post, but it triggered that memory from yesterday...
oh and halloween candy...surely there are lots of things Noah does during the day that you can reward him with a treat?! Or send it with him to school if you have snack days

Kimberly said...

How cute with the kisses...I know from recent experience. I told Noah this morning that I had a headache and it was hurting me. I was shoving my finger in my eyeball to try to alleviate it. Noah takes my face in his hands, pulls me down to his level, and kisses my eye. The headache still persisted, but Oh, it was gone in that instant, too.

Unknown said...

I love your leaves! Very pretty! Savor it because it'll sadly be gone in no time.

We have the same candy issue. How does a 3 year old end up with so much candy? I'm going to take it to work and put it out for all the non-parents that didn't get any. They'll gobble it up and hate me at the same time. Leave a treat bag for the mailman. They love that stuff. I leave a box of homemade treats at Christmas time and I always get a sweet note afterwards.

Cherish those sweet moments with your little ones because you'll look back one day and only remember is as breif as those beautiful leaves on the trees. If it weren't for videos and photos, I'd never remember Jacob was a baby.

Alison said...

You eat it while you can!! That's one of the benefits of breastfeeding - you can take on the extra calories (forget that they aren't the healthiest calories...).

Kimberly said...

Oooh, Shannon...Nice connection with the leaves and toddlerhood/baby days!