Nov 30, 2008

Sesame Street Live

Tonight's show at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium was called When Elmo Grows Up and it had Josh and me giggling and grinning just as much as Noah, if not more. But to be fair, we were really watching Noah's face for most of it. Seeing him thrilled is a thrill in itself.

So here is our version of those classic Mastercard commercials.

3 close-up seats: $$$$
souvenir t-shirt: $$$$$$
souvenir glow swirly Elmo toy: $$$$$$
giant Elmo balloon: $$$$$
original cast recording CD: $$$$$
2 drinks, chicken fingers, fries: $$$
parking: $$
babysitter for Anna: $$$
the look on Noah's face when Elmo came down off the stage and gave him a high five: PRICELESS!

Shot of Noah back at home, still buzzing about his Elmo close encounter.



PS - It was merely icing on my cake to laugh at Josh after he chatted with the lady and her daughter sitting beside us. He told her, and I quote, that the fries were "yummy." "Yummy?" I said with an eyebrow raised and a grin taking over my face. This is what happens when you spend too much time with a 2 year old. You start talking like one. (Although to be totally accurate about our toddlerspeak, Noah would have called it "nummy, nummy". Josh may too by the end of Christmas break.)

7 comments:

Emily said...

that last bit had me laughing out loud. I can just picture Josh's goofy grinning/smile all over his face saying "yummy!" to another adult...too stinking funny, and I'm so glad ya'll had a good time there! And so glad Noah didn't freak out when Elmo came at him...Brooklyn would have broken down right then and there. Fun times, fun memories!

Anonymous said...

What fun! Enjoy these precious days
raising your children.

Alison said...

I'm with Emily, I think Levi would have been too cautious of a big red furry creature! :)

Keep us in the loop as to when you all do these things again - we might have to make a road trip!

Unknown said...

Yay! How fun! That's funny about Josh. I do the same all the time like telling someone I need to go "potty". Did you cry when you saw Noah so happy? I always cry at those things and I find that many other moms do as well. You just get so overjoyed and emotional at your little one so happy. I definitely hide the fact that I let a little tear escape. Robbie would pick on me forever! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Just caught up on your last blogs, so I'll make all my comments here. It really is nice to do a holiday different occasionally...gets you out of the rut and gives you a chance to try out new ways to celebrate...glad you had a nice personal family weekend!
Hey, did you notice Emily said "stinking" again? Funny! ...just picking on you Emily : )
Yes, some of the kiddy phrases stick with you forever. Ben used to say K-market (K-mart)...of course, now I go to Walmarket. : )

Kimberly said...

Alison: Will do! It would so fun to meet up!

Rhonda: I think that Walmarket may stick with me, too! :)

Shannon: As teary as I can get, nope, no tears yesterday...but your point is no less valid!

Carol: So good to hear from you online!!

Amy Faye Brown said...

I love the new profile picture of you and your precious babes. You are radiant!