Nov 13, 2008

So Tell Me...

Yes, do tell me. Inquiring minds want to know...

Should I still write a Christmas letter this year now that I pretty much put all that sort of information on the blog?

Why in the world are there so many banks everywhere?! Every corner they pop up like acne. They outnumber gas stations I think. Yesterday I was remarking to myself how many banks I was passing and then I passed another corner with, get this, SIX BANKS on it. SIX right there together!! My word...how is there enough business to fund and maintain all the banks?

Is there some biblical instruction on what to do with your tithe when you are between church homes? Poor Josh and me...this is about our 5th time to be church home hunting since we started dating. So again, this month, we are without a church home and wondering what to do with our tithe. Thoughts? In the past we have given that interim tithe money to specific people, causes, or needs to which the Lord made us sensitive. But this month, nothing has come to our attention. So I was just wondering if there is a "supposed to do" type thing for this situation that we have overlooked.

And how crazy is the gas scene? I have seen gas prices for under $2.00! I seriously didn't think it would ever get that low again, no matter how briefly it stays there. Crazy.

7 comments:

Emily said...

good point about the christmas letter...maybe just send a picture of the family so people can decorate their refrigerators?

I've noticed the same thing about banks around here...

And the tithe? Good question...maybe something will come to you or you can hang on to it until you DO find a church home...then give them a fat tithe!

I know, the low gas prices make me want to fill jugs and jugs and jugs of gas! They won't stay this low for long ...

The White Family said...

As for the tithe, we've been in that situation a lot over the past few years...we still do not have a church home! We give our tithe to whatever church we are visiting or to whatever organization/person needs it at the time. You could always send it back to the church in Huntsville that you went to.

Unknown said...

I think you can pass on the Christmas letter if everyone you want to keep informed is now reading your blog. I personally loved your Christmas letter but I like your blog better since I get to hear more about what you're doing.

I don't know what to tell you about the tithe. I've never been between churches so I don't know how I would handle that. If you're unsure, you could send it to your old church until you find one to join.

Anonymous said...

The blog is great as far as updating everyone...maybe a special Christmas blog would be nice. But I gotta have a new picture for my refrigerator! : )
I think the other girls gave good advice on the tithe issue...and also God may have something in mind that He hasn't let you know yet. At any rate, good for you for wanting to do the right thing.
And I'm with Emily on wanting to store up the cheaper gas!

sosagtsie said...

Since PJ isn't a christian, we have had to deal with the tithing issue. He didn't want it to go to a church group so we just basically have a list of organizations to support. Some are Christian, some not (like our local children's hospital - we donate new toys). What we are doing right now is I've been saving our tithe up for almost 2 months and we are going to send the troops Christmas things - decorations, candies, gifts, and also doing extra things for some of the Christmas charities. My cousin is over in Iraq right now and they have asked for decorations and things to make it more homey. They give the things to the Iraqi families once they have to leave. And hey - God might have something in mind for that money that you aren't even aware of yet :)

Alison said...

So funny you should mention the Christmas Letter...Garet and I just decided yesterday that we were going to do it on the blog and include the address on the picture we send out.

As for the tithe...we've always sent it to our previous church until we moved our letter. don't take that as pressure though :) - I'm sure you will know exactly what to do with it when the time comes.

Kimberly said...

Alison: That is so the Christmas letter idea that has been coming to mind!