Nov 18, 2008

Photography - Phew!

You know firsthand (or you can imagine) all that leads up to getting everyone fed, dressed, napped, brushed, packed, and out the door (hopefully still dressed right) and on time for a photo session. That's not even mentioning the stress a momma feels as she anticipates how it will all go or not...as she hopes and prays all the spent energy and calculated timing is not for nothing. Thankfully, all went well enough today. While I am still looking forward to getting a photographer and doing outdoor portraits in the spring, I am still quite pleased with these from Portrait Innovations. (And for those of you familiar with Portrait Innovations, this was our very best experience at one of their studios...we were the only ones there for the entire hour and a half!)

What follows are our favorites from over 100 pics taken today. :)
















Now pretend you didn't see the family Christmas shot...that one is still coming to you in a Christmas card!

8 comments:

Emily said...

WOW...those are REALLY good! I LOVE that family shot where Josh is holding Anna and you're behind him ... and Noah on the side.... BEST picture! And can I just say, Noah is a STUD! LOVE the picture of him over Anna, like her proud protector. Stinking LOVE it!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful family! It looks like you had quite a job selecting photos. It's so weird seeing Christmas photos already! It's sooooo close!

Unknown said...

my word verification for that previous comment was "suffer". That's not nice, blogger.com!

Anonymous said...

Love them ALL...that little Anna looks like a china doll, and Noah is such a handsome little dude! Boy do I remember the days of getting everybody looking just right, then praying they'd stay that way!
Okay, I'll pretend I didn't see the Christmas picture...but it sure is gonna look good on my refrigerator. : )

Heather said...

Adorable pics!!! Love the picture of Anna in the box with Noah next to her and the whole family in front of the tree. I know that feeling all too well! Once, on our way to a photo shoot, I got a flat tire about 1/2mile from our house. I had to pile the kids in the double stroller and walk back to our house. Call the Picture people and ask for our time slot to be pushed back an hour. We finally all arrived and had great pictures. My hair, however, looked like I had just walked a 1/2 mile pushing a stroller. The kids looked great though. Just forgot to check my own hair!!

Alison said...

We gave up on the family photo this last go around. With two on the move, I knew I wouldn't be able to have a "non-stressed" smile on my face :). Yours, however, turned out great!

I can't believe you had the place to yourselves!!

The White Family said...

Oh my goodness! Those are beautiful! There is one of Noah leaning over Anna that I love! By the way, I got your announcement card today...so beautiful! Thanks!

Ellen said...

GREAT pics! I think I may now have to take our family over there!