Dec 23, 2016

Preach!

Some wise words I have collected this last half year or so.  Just gonna leave these here in 2016 and start a new list next month/year.
  • I can't control the things that happen to me each day, but I can control how I think about them.  ~Lysa TerKeurst
  • I can say to myself, "I have a choice to have destructive thoughts or constructive thoughts right now. I can wallow in what's wrong and make things worse, or I can ask God for a better perspective to help me see good even when I don't feel good.”  ~Lysa TerKeurst
  • Help me to know the joy of obedience and the fearlessness that goes with it.  ~Timothy Keller 
  • We know your heart, O God.  For there is nothing in the world more bright, more blazing, more terrible, more beautiful, more bloody, more hopeful than the revelation of your heart in the death and triumph of your son, Jesus.  ~John Piper
  • I found you simply cannot bring brokenness into your home and not be broken by it.  You cannot hold abused innocence in your arms and not on some level lose a sense of your own innocence because of it.  You cannot hear stories of the deep fractures in other people's lives and not see the cracks in your own, and understand that on some level we are all the same - broken humans in need of redemption.  You cannot open your heart to them and not have it transformed by them.  You can never unsee what you've now seen or unknow what you now know or unhear what you've now heard or unfeel what you've now felt.  These things are always a part of you, and a piece of you is now always a a part of them.  They become your story - your new normal. The world as you know it is a different place -  a bigger place , a more nuanced place, a more distorted place between what you used to know about your own little world and what you now know about the rest of it.  Everything changes.   ~Jasonjohnsonblog.com
  • God's sovereignty through it all is my sanity through it all.  #fostercare  ~Jasonjohnsonblog.com
  • The secret is Christ in me, not me in a different set of circumstances.  ~Timothy Keller 
  • Worry is believing God won't get it right.  ~Todd Wagner 
  • Until we see Jesus face-to-face, our journeys won't be straight lines nearly as often as they will be a series of loops rolling us forward by circling us back to faith.  Entrusted and entrusting. Will we trust him with the suffering he's entrusted to us?  Will we believe he has purpose? Do we have vision enough to believe He's planning one of the biggest harvests of our lives through the seed of the Word we're sowing through this hard season?  ~Beth Moore
  • Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. ~nosidebar.com
  • Sin turns us all into self-appointed sovereigns over our own little kingdoms... Sin causes us to crave material things more than spiritual provision... It reduces us all to glory thieves... That is what is natural for a sinner.  So when you have a hunger to know what is right in God's eyes, when you care about his glory, when you willingly submit to his will, when you forsake your plan for his plan, and when you find joy in surrendering to his lordship, you know that you have been visited by rescuing grace. ~Paul David Tripp

No comments: