Dec 2, 2016

New Kids on the Block

Finally, finally, we have fully functioning kitchen appliances!  Take a look at the new kids on the block - we went with the GE Slate series, because I was sold by the matte texture that is so resistant to fingerprints.  Can I get an amen to that?  Truefax, these are the first kitchen appliances we have ever shopped for!  Before this, we have always made do with whatever was already in the houses we bought.  I finally, finally have a working ice maker, y'all!



I love how much room this three door model gives us.  And the lighting is great. :)


I ADORE having a third rack on top in the dishwasher for utensils and such now.  This was my one must-have for this purchase.  Also, it's so quiettttt.  Wow.


Josh is a fan of the hidden bake element in the bottom of the oven.   I think it's cool that three racks fit inside. I really like how the burners work on top and that there is a fifth one solely for warming. 


We have had to get used to the hum of the fridge being louder than we thought was normal.  But one service visit later, I am told that that's normal for this size and model of fridge.  Guess we'll just have to make our peace with it because I am NOT going back to a side-by-side model.   

It's funny how this kitchen upgrade came about, since we just had the cabinet faces redone not long ago.  We didn't MEAN to do a whole kitchen, forcryingoutloud.  It hurt to spend this money (read, borrowfromourretirement) on appliances - even with the black Friday deal - but I am gonna try to enjoy them now that it's done.  All that's left in the kitchen that we haven't upgraded ourselves is the floor.  Ohhhh, homeownership.  What a trip!

2 comments:

Emily said...

NICE!!! Looks really great! What fun now..i bet being in the kitchen isn't too shabby huh?!

Kimberly said...

Still feels too new to be able to really settle in and answer that fairly. Ha! My one Christmas wish is a nice memory foam mat in front of the sink. That'll be my sweet spot from which to answer that question finally. ;)