Dec 8, 2016

More Festivities

Josh and the kids did a gingerbread house this week.


Today I decided to go ahead and write to Angelique (it's our first contact with her since Oct and since she started her sentence in November).  I pulled together some prints and a little bit of handiwork from Lasa.  Last year, we gave her Lasa's footprint.


Josh and Anna orchestrated the garland and lights and wreaths for the front of the house.

 

Last year, I gave Angelique Lasa's Baby's First Christmas ornament ... which means I don't have one for her to go with Noah's and Anna's now that we know she stays in the Family Brown.  SO, I hunted a couple down.  Yes, a couple. One that hasn't arrived yet - a little black baby in a sleigh that says Baby's First Christmas 2015.  And then this 2016 framed one that I altered to say 2015. ;)  Lasa was QUITE pleased when I pointed out her babyLasa picture on the tree.


And finally this -  the kids tree with all their choice of ornaments that did not make the cut on Mommy's tree. ;) #reallife #okayestmom 


For the record, I think it's precious.  Gaudy, but precious still. 

2 comments:

Emily said...

I thought you weren't supposed to contact her?? Isn't that what your lawyer said???

Kimberly said...

Not exactly. She said not to initiate a visit. I know. I went back and forth and in the end decided I was gonna do this right thing because it is right to do. To show her love regardless. Hard call, but it's where I decided I wanted to fall on this issue. Showing love, trusting God.