Mar 11, 2016

Urban Us on Wednesday

I loaded up my three little people and headed to Schermerhorn Symphony Center in Nashville this week for another performance in the Young People's Concert Series they offer for free. 


We heard pieces from Copland's Rodeo and saw ballet performances to go with it.  We had the front box (West Loge in symphony speak) by the stage so we had excellent seats again.  



Lasa was squirrelly, but manageable with some puffs to gnaw on.  She paid attention best once the dancers came out.  For the last movement, the Hoedown piece, she was standing in my lap and kep raising both her hands up above her head - up and down, up and down.  It was precious and it looked like she was conducting the music. :)


Afterwards, we walked across the always scenic Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge for a picnic with friends at Cumberland Park on the Waterfront.  It was a gorgeous day!




It was a gorgeous day to be out and about. And even better, I was my least anxious driving downtown yet.  With every trip I take, though I dread it, I seem to loosen my tense grip on the wheel a little more every time.  This trip in particular took me there by Ellington Parkway and that was way more my speed than the crowded multiple interstate exits in a 10 minute stretch on the way there that I usually endure. Nashville, I love you!  But your highways are the pits and make me wanna cry.  The roadwork having been completed on the way home finally was a big improvement, however. The extra lanes were much appreciated on 65. Good job, Nashville.  Keep the improvements coming!

3 comments:

Emily said...

WE missed a free symphony in H'Ville! I was bummed about it but hte girls were not at all bummed. ha!

Kimberly said...

For a second there, I read that Hville to say Hendersonville. Ha!

Emily said...

ha! That MAY get confusing for you ;)