Mar 20, 2016

Anna Learns to Sew

Anna, bless her heart, has wished and hoped and begged to learn to sew for some time now.  Alas, I don't even know how to sew buttons on shirts ... not well, at least.  So I signed my sweetie up with a popular sewing teacher in our area that I spotted on one of our homeschool pages.  Mrs. Robbie had Anna over for an hour private beginner lesson and in two weeks Anna will go back for a group Beginner's class where the girls will sew tote bags. 


Josh ended up being the one to take Anna to this first class as I had other business to attend to.  He did a great job clicking pics for me.  He also enjoyed getting to overhear the lesson.  See here this text that came halfway through the hour:


If it sticks, I see our girl getting a machine of her own later this year ... likely on her birthday.  And especially if she starts taking regular classes in the fall.  We shall see!  


Video footage. :)


How cute is she, all intense and focused?!


More video footage. :)


At the end of class, she had a pocket with an A, a pin cushion, and that red piece of cloth with different stitches of her choosing that she made happen.  Color me impressed!


It is fun to watch her learning something she is excited about.  It is bizarre to watch it happen when it is something that has always intimidated me.  Ha!

5 comments:

Emily said...

haha!! Sewing is really not intimidating...reading the patterns - IS. Can't wait to see what that girl gets into now!

Emily said...

I could see her quilting!!

Kimberly said...

Ooooooh, yes!! I would LOVE to see that. I would love to be the boss of the colors and patterns she quilts. Ha!

Kimberly said...

I have a couple quick videos I am gonna add to the post here in a sec. Check back!

Amy Faye Brown said...

So sweet.
Reminiscent of our 4-H days.
She will so enjoy this.