Sep 1, 2015

Welcome Back, Lasa!

Look who's back!  


We don't even know why yet, or how long, or what comes next.  We just know it is so neat to see her face again after a week and half (has it only been 10 days?!?!?) and it is so neat how different she looks and it is so neat how differently she gazed back at us before drifting off to sleep again.  So much changes so fast in these baby days!

Anyway, lucky for you, I won't also include a pic of me and Josh at the ungodly hour of 1:15 when our phones started ringing off the hook ... in their silent, vibrate kinda way.  Good thing Josh woke up... she was minutes away from being passed off to a foster family instead since they couldn't get a hold of us. 

I can't wait to see the kids' faces when they wake up in the morning.  Especially Noah's!

6 comments:

Emily said...

LOVE! Love how excited you are to have her back. and LOVE how you were able to get that last little toddler back to momma so that you'd be available for Lasa again....now say no to other placements after Lasa goes back....you know you'll end up with her again!! :)

Kimberly said...

SO thankful there was no overlap with Arrie. I would have been so so mad at myself for taking him on knowing this could happen. : /. Close call!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I had a suspicion that Little Miss might be back to see you... though I've been praying for her and her momma each day as I wash dishes and see their names posted by my sink. What a wild and crazy ride foster life is! Any news on how long she might be keeping you company?

Kimberly said...

I heard from NO ONE yesterday which surprised me. Maybe today? I am most curious to know what momma's plan is about the whole thing and curious to know if they can keep her with us long-term or if they really will have to place her with a DCS family after all. My JJ person was supposed to talk to the DCS person yesterday. But I don't know if she ever got a hold of her. Til then, we just feed, hold, clean, change, play with baby. :}

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Goodness. That hardly seems believable that you would have heard from no one after they dropped a baby off at your house in the middle. of. the. night!!! Craziness.

Kimberly said...

And technically, Josh drove to Nashville to get her. Which he says is the time to drive to Nashville if you have to drive to Nashville. Ha!