Sep 12, 2015

Anna's T-Ball Debut

Anna's first game got rained out at the very last minute two weeks ago, so this weekend was her athletic debut in the tball world.  

 

And what a fun debut it was ... complete with tears, triumph, and giggles! Behold, the littlest Brown at bat.

 

A furrowed eyebrow came upon her reaching first base that first time.  She was tagged out before getting there.  Annoying, she thought.


The second time she was out at first base, she actually cried.  I know, I know - there's no crying in baseball!!  She got a pep talk from Josh and me separately and aimed her last hit at bat AWAY from that speedy pitcher-to-first-base duo and she made it onto base and ultimately got to run home after a few more batters.  Less annoying, she thought. :}




In outfield, on a strange whim, they plopped Anna down at the pitcher's mound even though she has only every practiced way outfield.  In an impressive turn of events, it went kinda awesome in the end!


Look at her fielding that grounder.


And shooting it over to first!


She ended up getting someone out at home and to hear her tell it she got another person out there, too.  The video footage proves that second kid was called safe (it really was close), but we will let Anna enjoy the glory of a job well done either way.


I missed Anna's pitcher performance while I contended with a comedy of errors surrounding two GTP meets, but Josh kept me briefed via text and photos and videos. And he did it all while on Lasa duty too.  Three cheers for that man!


At game's end, she was awarded one of the two game balls!! Consider our day made. Also cute was that the other kiddo to get one was a friend of hers from her class in kindergarten who also rocked the pitcher position with a cool double play.  Mrs. White would have been proud. :}



The coach's fiance got us a great group shot.


My group shot after the game was less than good, so we'll settle with the silly shot instead ... where it makes better sense to see a coach's head cut off there on top.  I have no idea what was wrong with me.


I was probably distracted by the circus act that was my daughter there on the right side.  Or back side.  Whatever.  Fun first game with all its highs and lows.  Precious, precious memories!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I know it's no surprise to you, but that girl of yours is FULL of personality. My goodness she makes me smile.

Kimberly said...

She takes my breath away sometimes with the things she does and says that I don't see coming! She's a fun trip!