Sep 5, 2015

Certifiably Uncertified

It's official.  For the first time in 14 years, I am no longer "certified" to teach.  :S  My most recent renewal has finally expired.  Did you know I have been licensed to teach in 4 different states since finishing college?  Virginia, Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee. Little fun fact for ya. :}


I don't even wanna think about what a drag it's gonna be to renew my certificate again one day.  Hopefully that will be one day very, very far off.  Maybe never, if I am lucky.  Ha!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I still can't believe you let that think expire....oy.

Kimberly said...

Eh, I imagine keeping it current would have been just as much hassle as renewing it later. Same difference really. Except I will actually have time to hassle with it later. No worries!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

You know... I haven't even thought about when my certificate expired. Though it was years ago. And like you, I hope I never have to renew it. What an unwelcome hassle that will be... though I suspect that sooner or later I will do it because I need one more year of teaching to be vested in the Florida retirement system. Still, I'm not looking forward to it.

Kimberly said...

Yes, that. Josh keeps telling me a need a couple more years too to be in Social Security or something? I'll get around to it. Sometime. :}