Sep 12, 2015

Lasa Lately

This week was a roller coaster in the world of Lasa and her placement with us.


Everyone was still waiting for Angelique to surface from her apparent hiding since leaving rehab.  Time was ticking on how long they could let baby stay with a JJ family without mom's express consent again.  And then Tuesday, I received a combative phone call from her and I handled it really calmly, even if I do say so myself.  I was so rattled during and afterward though!  Lasa's mom continued to be uncooperative in terms of getting in touch with DCS throughout the rest of the week though and that finally culminated in baby girl being HOURS away from having to be moved into DCS custody.  That was hard on our hearts, but also given to the Lord if it came to that, so we were ok with it.  Yet still I cried at the impending outcome.  

Momma had til 4 on Thursday to finally engage and sign for her to stay with us.  At 3:30, she finally did.  What?!?!?  Talk about waiting til the last minute. I about fainted in shock and relief.  She has yet to respond to any of my texts, but whatever.  She saw fit to let baby stay with us and we thank the Lord for letting that be his will right now.  We love this baby and want to protect her and love on her as long as we can.


In other Lasa news, she scared the living daylights out of me last Friday and every day after that with some suffocating reflux issues.  Seriously, I had the phone in my hand to call 911, I was so on the edge and terrified at the look on her face and the rolling of her eyes and the arching of her back and the struggle to breathe.  YIKES!  I tried a number of things and it passed for the moment.  Until the next day and the next.  So I took her to the dr this week and he agreed with my sister's guess ... reflux ... of the GERD sort to be exact.  We tried a new formula and some Zantac.  The new formula was more trouble from the get go, so we ditched that after a day and are sticking with the Zantac and begging the Lord for relief for her ... and us.  Ha!  It should be a few days at least before the episodes stop.  Until then, we watch her like a hawk, which is easy work because she is a doll baby and just so, so pretty to look at.  I submit pics from her drs appt Thursday...




I mean, come ON!  How does one look away from such sweetness?!?!?



I was crying by the end of this reel because this was the day I fully expected would end with her leaving our home.  I was emotional this day after being a rock about it all week. 

Anyway, we are excited to get to hold this child's hand for some months going forward now, though her actual legal placement with us will have to be renewed every month which should be a fiasco tracking down her mom each time.  We better buckle up! 


Buckle up and keep on taking pics of these precious moments in the meantime.


Thank you, Lord, for letting us keep her longer!  We are looking forward to developing some steady normalcy in a foster placement for once.  :)


And thank you, Lord, for sustaining us while we juggled peace and fury and strong moments and weak ones.  I didn't have many words that could be trusted this week. I was all over the place there at the end.  But the Lord's strength and his mercy were my lifelines. And precious moments like these.


Welcome to another month with us, Lasa girl!

5 comments:

The White Family said...

Oh goodness! She is so adorable! I want to just hold and kiss her!

Kimberly said...

I will smooch her a few extra times than I already do and whisper to her they are from a dear friend named Kasey. 💛

Elizabeth Bradley said...

What a week! Oh my goodness. So glad that Lasa is still safe and sound with you and that you've gotten some answers to the reflux issue. She is such a doll baby. It's easy to see why you're all smitten. :-)

Emily said...

That baby girl is just beautiful! I assume it's been quiet over there with her Momma?

Kimberly said...

Yep, mostly. She texted Sunday night asking how her love was. I said a few things - how beautiful and alert she was, how she was charming everyone she meets, how much we love her girl. She just said, Ok, cool, I will check back with ... no finish to that one. : / She of course did not answer any of the things I had texted Thursday and Friday about (WIC vouchers for formula, baby's SSN for her medicine, or what date she wants to meet for next appt), but at least it was a more friendly contact than last week. Calling it a win! But documenting the lack for DCS just the same.