May 8, 2014

Noah's Special Delivery

The morning of Noah's birthday, he asked Josh if maybe he could call Tania to tell her that it was his birthday.  Bless his heart, I assured him she knew and that she was thinking about him already and had likely been thinking about his upcoming birthday for weeks at least.  I left Josh the number so they could call her that night.  (I was gonna be gone by then on the girls' trip.)  Anyway, proving my point, Tania and Justin ended up beating Noah to the punch and called him first, not long after dinner.  Somewhere in the course of the conversation Tania told Noah she had a card coming to him in the mail.  That meant a lot to Noah to know he had mail coming from them.  He would ask me during the wait if I thought it was on its way. I grinned at his anticipation.  I agree - mail is such fun!  And sure enough, yesterday when we got home from a whirlwind day of busyness and fun, Noah had a manila envelope/package waiting for him. Tania and Justin had thoughtfully sent him superhero stuff for his birthday ... a DVD set of the original Batman series and a card full of Marvel superheroes and some notes from them. 


I love having written words from them for him to keep forever.  I love that he can read their words all by himself.


I love that Tania and Justin remain a part of Noah's life and pour out such openness and love on him when they can.  I am always touched by their commitment to stay in touch with their/our precious boy. 

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh My Goodness. My heart just melted. I'm so happy for Noah. He's loved all the way around. Sweet Boy.