May 11, 2014

Mother's Day Highlights

Have I really been a mom for eight years now?  Wow!  I think I might actually feel like a mom at this point.  Ha!  This year, my loves brought me the following sweet things in honor of the holiday weekend.

An Anna original flower arrangement.  I think she has potential!


And from school, an Anna-made hand scrub.  Momma likes!  It's a pinterest craft I have been meaning to try anyway, so this makes two gifts in one.  Ha!


The ever adorable candid Mother's Day survey.


Noah also had a sweet survey from school.  
Bonus points for the "she is very young" answer.


Noah and I agreed awhile back that we needed a very specific thing for the house ... a flying pig! So for this holiday, Noah made it happen!  Good thinking, son! It makes me grin every time we pull up to the house now. :}  Josh named it Petunia.  Anna has other naming plans for it.  This should get interesting.


While we were picking up the pig, Anna and I picked out a couple matching necklaces on sale.


We enjoyed a low-key day together after a Mother's Day brunch with our bible study group.  When the sun started setting, we went for a stroll/bike ride at the greenway and then let the girl child dip her hot toes in the water.  Noah, at my insistence, climbed back on the bike he hasn't ridden in months for fear of crashing again, and was met with sweet success like I knew he would be.


These grins are the real gifts for this mother's day.  Raising them is the most fun thing I have ever been a part of.  Happy is an understatement!

2 comments:

Emily said...

ahhhhhhh, eckserszising….LOVEEEEEE… it.

and wow those smiles! You had a great day…and what a fun idea to do - matching necklaces! awesome!!

Kimberly said...

They WERE some smiles weren't they? I think it helped that Anna could see how she looked while we worked our faces into that selfie. :}