May 8, 2014

Ellijay Getaway

So, last weekend a handful of girls from my stay-at-home moms group headed for the hills of GA to celebrate a friend's fortieth birthday.  

 

It was an all-girls weekend getaway and it was such a nice time!  So low-key, so relaxing, so bonding for all who went!  Laughter and bunking up will do that to a crew. :}


For a bunch of moms, even the 4-5 hours drive to get there was a treat with all the gabbing and leisurely stops we could make without attending to anybody but ourselves.  It was such a refreshing time! The weather was PERFECT and the scenery was so soothing.


Some tackled canoeing.  I did not, though I think I would be game for it another time. :} 


Our awesome cabin right there on the Coosawatee River.


My favorite view from the deck.
This was shortly after we got there the first evening.


Same view in the bright light of day. :}


The girls and I that rode down together all got an Ellijay hat to mark the trip together.


The view out the window from the loft where I slept.  Seriously, I had only to open my eyes in the quiet morning and take in the view.  Breathing deeply!


This trip got me pumped to book a cabin for our Brown family Christmas trip this year, it was such a nice time and beautiful area.  Thumbs up, Ellijay!  Thanks for letting us land in your woods for a sweet little getaway.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I didn't know you went on a trip! Our girls are planning one later int eh year…I can't wait! Love me some girl time.