Oct 9, 2013

Recipe: Chicken Parm Bake

This new recipe was offered to me by my good friend Cindy when I was fishing for ideas on how to use my new little garden which has grown since you saw it last.  I snipped a bunch of basil and put it to good use.  I felt so chef-ish using fresh herbs.  :}


The recipe is called Chicken Parmesan Bake and I love how it uses croutons to make a soft, but crunchy crust. You will, too!  You will also love how quick this is to throw together. 

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • red pepper flakes, to taste
  • 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cups marinara sauce
  • 1/4 cup chopped basil
  • 8 oz mozzarella, shredded
  • 4 oz Parmesan, grated
  • 1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons 
In a casserole dish, add olive oil, garlic and red pepper.  Add chicken, then marinara sauce, then basil, then half of both cheeses.  Top with croutons, then rest of cheese.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Josh, Noah, and I gave it a big thumbs up.  But what's amazing is what the littlest Brown thought.  Anna, picky as they come and the first to turn her nose up at ANYthing new I cook, savored the smell of it cooking and loved it once it was ready to eat.  She liked it so much, she asked for the leftovers the next day and moaned when I told her Daddy had already taken them to work.  Definitely a keeper recipe!

No comments: