Jun 9, 2013

Weekend Report

We took in a slow week to ourselves after last weekend's (and the last month's!) busy-ness and it was just what the doctor ordered.  And then this Saturday hit us with all manner of things to do.  

Anna was excited about going to her and Noah's friend Claire's 6th Mermaid Birthday party, 


so party she did! 


Noah missed out on this stop as he had a t-ball game and Fall Ball registration that he could not miss.  And bonus, his pictures had come in!  


How adorable is this?!


Last night, I headed back to a local paint venue with some friends to whip up something pretty.  It was the longest session and I was quite restless by the time we got done, but get it done we did 


and I am proud of the final result. :)  I just got done hanging it in our downstairs bathroom, in fact, and am tickled that I found a place for it.  


In other news, Josh and the kids caught a snake this weekend. Eek!


Noah found a leaf as big as his face and was quite attached to it.  Knowing it wouldn't last long in the box he was treasuring it in, I took matters into my own hands and laminated that pretty thing for him to enjoy for a while longer.


Noah had another game today, a make-up game for another make-up game that got rained out last weekend, but as luck and spring and TN would have it, it got rained out today, too!   For anyone who's counting, that makes 8 out of 13 games that have been rained out.  :(  He has one more on the schedule for Monday night, but the forecast, AGAIN, does not look promising.  Poor ball season!!

Oh, one more funny thing to report about this weekend.  Our neighbor, the Elvis impersonator, is welcoming a film crew into his home today for the final step in an interview process for a German reality TV show where a family of Elvis mega-fans will come live with them for a week and tape it all.  Yes, I just said all that with a straight face.  Anyway, I was asked to come be an extra in the filming process today as a student for whom Buffie, his wife, could demonstrate what she does for her work at Nashville Wraps.  I finagled myself out on a technicality and am crossing my fingers they don't realize we are home after all for a cancelled t-ball game and come ask me to participate again.  Shhhhh!

No comments: