Jun 24, 2013

Recipe: Homemade Mac N Cheese

I had this at a friends party not long ago and it was so yum I hounded her for the recipe.  Turns out, it came from her sister and we had to get her to email it.  Trouble is, my kids just DON'T CARE FOR mac 'n cheese at all.  Like ... they treat it like veggies.  What gives? That is why it has taken me months to get around to making this recipe.  The kids had to be forced to eat it, and let's face it ... who forces their kids to eat mac 'n cheese?  I only made them try a few bites and then I let it go.  But still, Josh and I loved it so it goes here on the blog, too.  Maybe my grandchildren will go ga-ga for mac 'n cheese and Noah and Anna will be searching my blog for the good stuff. Ha! 

Best, creamiest, most yummy mac and cheese Kimmie ever had:

1 lb. of large seashell pasta
1 stick of butter, cubed
1 block of Velveeta, cubed
1 can of cheese soup
1 can (use the cheese soup can) of milk
salt, pepper, garlic salt to taste

Cook pasta as directed on package. 
In crock pot, layer half of the pasta, butter, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic salt.
Repeat layer with other half of same ingredients.
On stove top, heat soup and milk.  Pour over layered mix.
Warm in crock pot on high til creamy and gooey, then keep on warm.

No comments: