Jun 16, 2013

This Father's Day

The kids and I pulled together a few gifts, cards, and a survey tribute to Josh for Father's Day.


Anna serenaded him as soon as his feet hit the floor of the downstairs this morning.  Noah made sure Daddy was planning to share some of his sweet treats with him, too.  Being a top-notch Dad like he is, Josh assured him he will.  The spoils of this Father's Day include a pancake making pan/contraption since pancakes are Josh's trademark dish just about every morning of the year.  We also grabbed him some nice new t-shirts and some of his favorite candy.  And a tie, clearly. :}

Since I am not the cookingest wife, there was no breakfast in bed, but we'll grab donuts and coffee on the way to church instead and do today Josh style ... generally taking it easy and probably outside mostly.  Josh and I are headed to a movie later this afternoon, too.

Anyway, I couldn't help but share the survey results this year. It's always fun to find out the kids' candid responses.  Any which way you slice it, it's clear that my babies know their daddy enjoys them, loves them, and he is the working kind - at home and away. :) Celebrating Father's Day just comes so naturally when you've got a Daddy around like ours.

My Dad 2013

My Dad is funny because...
A - he plays tricks.
N- he tickles me.

My Dad thinks I am funny when...
A - I am a wittle bit fussy.
N - I cry.

My Dad is ____ years old.
A - 20
N - 55

His favorite thing to do is ...
A - play with us.
N - sleep.

His favorite color is ....
A - black.
N - black.

My Dad's job is ...
A - going to work help us get money and keep our car.
N - working.

He loves to eat ...
A - macaroni and cheese.
N - cookies.

He is really good at ...
A - building in his shed.
N - baseball.

My Dad loves when I ...
A - give him kisses.
N - tickle him.

My Dad always says ...
A - "I love you" at nighttime.
N - he wants to go work in his shed.

My favorite thing about my Dad is ...
A - loving him and hugging him.
N - when he laughs and then Mommy laughs and then I start laughing.

In Anna's words, "Happy Fodder's Day," Joshua!  "We wuv you." ♥ And in Noah's words, "Hey!  Is there a Kid's Day? When is Kid's Day?"

2 comments:

Emily said...

Noah's favorite thing about Dad, made me grin. I can just picture it.

Kimberly said...

I thought that was an interesting answer, too. I was picturing it and thinking about how heartwarming that is. ♥