Jun 22, 2013

A Week of Noah and Anna

Some things Anna and Noah squeezed into this week....

Kids Night at Chick-Fil-A.  Anna made nice with KidCow and her giant butterfly balloon hat from a new Balloon Man.


Lots and lots of swimming. We hosted two different playdates here at home, in fact, so the pool got a LOT of action!


One morning my babies were mixing drinks of all sorts before I got up.  Seeing this took me back to my childhood when I tried a million different ways and secret ingredients to make chocolate milk. Alas, I would not try anything these two made.  Something about the milk and juice and strange particles floating around in warm water just made my lip curl.  BUT, I cheered on their creative play just the same.


Noah's General Greivous Starfighter Lego set that we snatched up for 1/3 the retail price.  GTP strikes again!


Love Noah's grin during his last swim class.


Anna killing it on her last day of swim class, too.


And of course, more firefly catching.  They collect them, gather in the bathroom in the dark and watch them light up, and then quickly release them again before bedtime. ♥


There was a horse-drawn buggy ride at CFA today for a Cowboy Round-Up thing, so we figured what the heck.  Look closely and you'll see my Noah and Anna and Josh riding alongside KidCow.  Anna and Noah raided the dress-up bin and each found just the right cowboy duds for the occasion.  Noah also got to practice using a lasso. Anna spent that time petting a sweetie pie mini Australian shepherd puppy.


In other news for this week, Noah was able to buy himself a Nintendo DSi with his very own money.  He even had enough cash leftover for me to win him a game on eBay, too.  We bought the DS secondhand (GTP, again) and I had a little anxiety about it not working well, but it works just great and Noah LOVES his new purchase.  He says so every time he gets to play it in the car.  "I love my DS!" And I love that for him. :}  Anna has no money to spend, but she somehow finagled $10 outta me on a Lowe's run today after Chick-Fil-A.  We were scoping out flowers while Josh grabbed a few necessities.  Next thing I know, we are bringing home a new pet for Anna - some pretty Gerber daises.  I stop and grin to think about how these purchases really catch the spirit of my kiddos .... video games and pretty petals.  ♥

2 comments:

Emily said...

hahah!!! Good Job Anna....keep finagling money from your momma! haha!

So funny, Noah didn't forget he wanted that ds did he, How stinkin' funny this peer pressure is. Hope he enjoys it!!

Kimberly said...

Oh, definitely. This DS is all Brooklyn's fault. Ha! But honestly, I knew his Leapster was reaching its limit with him.... He had outgrown it as far as interest level and challenge anyway. I was riding it though as long as we could. :}