Apr 8, 2013

Spring has Sprung

Spring sprang convincingly this past weekend, so we got the garden going with trenches for ...  


cucumber and broccoli seeds.  We are gonna hold off on tomatoes for a few weeks just to be sure the cold nights have run their course for good.


Josh and the kids spent the whole day outside - cutting wood, shooting water guns, riding power wheels, flying Noah's remote-control helicopter, playing tball, and playing street hockey.

 

One neighbor was so inspired by all the activity, he pulled out his son's hockey net so we could have two to use from now on ... not that it's even in this shot. :}


While the kids kept active and happy all Saturday, I mostly enjoyed the sounds of all their busyness and fun while relaxing inside with the porch door wide open.  I also made a note to snap a picture of our bradford pear tree before all the white blooms fly away in the breeze.


Anna's been inspired by spring being sprung.  She can't stop drawing flowers and stars and all manner of girly things.  


This work of art was dedicated to her new garden and has been hung in the window facing out over her growing dahlia, as requested. :}


We are at that wonderful season where you still need the heat at night while also needing a/c by late afternoon, that wonderful season when everyone is inviting everyone to the park after school because we all just wanna get out in the air and sun, and also that wonderful season where I get to dress my kiddos in all their new (well, new-to-us) clothes - which I love! :)  Remember when I used to post pics of Annababy in my favorite outfits of hers.  Well, I may just get back in that habit.  I snagged a bunch of cute stuff at consignment this year.  Spring has certainly sprung - Let the fashion show begin!   

2 comments:

Emily said...

Fun! I just put Jack in his *new* shorts and and t-shirt today, and it was such fun to get ot see his little pudgy legs coming out of those shorts. Love this weather too!

Amy Faye Brown said...

We are loving spring here as well!
I had to take a second glance at the picture of your hubby bending over in the garden. His profile made me think for a split second that my hubby was there. ;)

Yes, please post pics of Anna's spring wardrobe. We were in Belk's the other day and I was pointing out all the outfits I would by Rebeka if she was still small. She was not amused.