Apr 26, 2013

Missing Mrs. Arnold Already

Today was the last day of the year for Noah's teacher, Mrs. Arnold.  She is set to have her baby any day now and she didn't want to wait and let any sudden absence disrupt next week's scheduled standardized testing for her students so she is handing the reins over to the long-term sub on Monday.

I went and read to Noah's class yesterday and snapped a quick end-of-year pic with her before she left.


We will surely miss her over the next month.  It was sad to say goodbye.  I actually blew her a kiss at pick-up today - that is how fond of her I am.  In my heart, I feel like the school year just ended with her departure and there's just seat time left to endure til the end of May.  What a great year of first grade Noah has had though!  So thankful for that, for his teacher, for his classmates!

Anyway, bring on SAT-10, another field trip, the math bee, field day, fundraiser reward party, the talent show, and many, many other end-of-schoolyear traditions.  We are ready for summer and only a little nervous about going solo on the school scene in the fall. :}

PS - Today was kindergarten registration - The very same kindergarten registration that I always planned on being Anna's...until the cutoff date was bumped up a month that knocked her out of the age group.  I have had time to make my peace with her now being 3 years behind Noah in school instead of the original 2, but it was still bittersweet to see it get marked down officially in the schoolbooks today ... and to watch a BIG chunk of her buddies and friends going on without her.  :( So weird!

2 comments:

Emily said...

wow! Our year is just about up too. Can't believe it!! I am one of those registering a kindergartener next week. : / I will be missing her crazy personality. I know why God gave THAT girl to us....because he wanted to bless us with MUCH laughter in our home - she is one funny kid. She'll be missed next fall for sure. (not that I won't enjoy a little bit of independence at the same time, but still,) She's really come around this last year at home being the biggest sister around and learning how to communicate correctly - for the most part :) Look at me, getting all nostalgic, and it's like 4 months away...geez

Kimberly said...

Yes, exactly! Even NATALIE is going off to kindergarten! Ugh. Tell her not to forget Anna, ok?