Jun 27, 2011

Weekend sans Camera

Sometimes, I wary of taking pictures of all the things the kids do.  It's almost like I can't just enjoy their doing it because I am so preoccupied with capturing it all just right on film.  So this past weekend, I was in one of my moods where I put the camera down to take part in things we did together and did not look back. 

Trouble was, while I was free to take part in everything we had going on, I found myself repeatedly regretting not having the camera.  There were so many great shots I could have taken! {Sigh}  I guess that means I DID look back, huh?

Memo to me:  Just take the dang camera.  At least you'll have the pictures to show for your stress instead of only a list of the memories you made over the weekend.

This weekend we...
  • shared in a cookout and campfire smores with some friends (quickly becoming my favorite people to be around) and the kids stayed up WAY past their bedtimes.  Thankfully, our friends did snap a few shots for us.




  • did our first day of family errands around town in the new car.  Cramped quarters it was when we unexpectedly picked up an car seat we've been waiting to buy.  Josh smushed himself in the back seat with the kids while the big box got shoved in the passengers seat.  I almost couldn't drive I was laughing so hard at the clown car act we were. 
  • took Noah and Anna to the theater to see Cars. (Earlier in the week I took them both to see a kids' matinee movie all by myself.  Big deal!  Even bigger deal was that it was Anna's first theater movie and -grrr- I did not have my camera for that either).
  • had some friends keep the kids while Josh and I went and saw X-Men.  It was awesome and not just because we were sans kiddos.
  • took Noah and Anna to the skating rink.  This was a first for them both.  What a fun time.  Noah was moving pretty fast by the end of the hour.  I don't know if you could call it quite skating, but he was much more sure footed and certainly more confident on wheels.  Anna, too, but that might be because the trainer skates were as wide as shoes anyway. :)
  • ate out a lot.  :(  At one of these stops, Noah bit the fire out of his tongue and it bled and bled and bled.  It was a bit dramatic, too, so thankfully, the restaurant was empty and only us and the employees heard his SCREAMING. I kept telling him to take deep breaths, but in truth, I needed deep breaths, too. :)
  • witnessed Anna learning to pedal all by herself on her big wheel.
  • went to Monkey Joe's first thing Monday morning and THIS time at least took a few pictures with my tablet.

It's very possible we'll be back at the skating rink again soon so I can snap the pictures I should have snapped yesterday.  Stay tuned! :)

    2 comments:

    Emily said...

    sounds like a fun and active weekend!

    Amy Faye Brown said...

    ditto on what emily said
    don't sweat not having the camera, sometimes you just have to be in the moment and hope you remember it. Spent one exhausting and frustrating day at Disney once with a great friend. We didn't get to do a lot of Disney because she was too wrapped up in picture perfect moments.