Jun 11, 2011

Anna this Morning

We're headed out of town today to go pick up Josh's new car.  Anna is rushing around with her My Little Pony backpack urgently filling it with toys for herself, Noah, Josh, and me.  Yes, you read that right. She is packing toys for Josh and me.  I could repeat the chant she is saying to prove it if you like.  :)

I love watching her eagerness to do big jobs she sees us doing - in this case, packing.  She just rushed over with wide and serious eyes and asked me if the hotel would have a potty seat.  No, I said, I don't think they do.  So NOW she is trying to finagle her potty seat into her backpack.  It's important, you know. 

As I dressed her, she had to be forced to wear her white shirt with her red skirt.  She does not believe they match and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make her understand that they do.  She has another dressing quirk that I don't mind as much.  She HAS TO HAVE shorts/pants on under all her skirts.  She'll tolerate bloomers if I make her, but she much prefers to have pants on instead. 

I just caught her eating a booger again.  She does this ALL the time.  I made her spit it out and throw it away and she came back saying, "Sgusting!"  Yeah, right.  I don't believe she thinks that for even a second.  She is just trying on the big word I just said.

Earlier this morning, Noah taught her to hum/sing the Batman music:  Dah nah nuh nah nuh nah nuh nah. Dah nah nuh nah nuh nah nuh nah, BATMAN!  She totally does it, too. He sings it, she repeats. He sings it, she repeats.  He even feeds her lines and answers to say in response to what he says.  And she says them every time.  She's sort of like a parrot for him.

Anna has almost totally ignored every baby doll she has.  But suddenly, she started feeding a bottle to a new one our neighbor gave her.  It's too adorable to behold.

And while I am typing, she pulls her desk chair over next to me and sits down.  She says, "I wike dis pwace." I say, beside me? She says, "Uh-huh. It makes my heart feel bedder."

5 comments:

Emily said...

Brooklyn and Natalie play like that too...only Natalie is only Brooklyn's "parrot" for as long as she deems fun...then she's off to something else and leaves Brooklyn so frustrated! LOL. Fun post!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Oh my word. "It makes my heart feel better." What a sweetie. So glad I came to the blog to read this version and not just the one that showed up via email. :)

Kimberly said...

Too funny, Elizabeth! Yes, I usually go back and add stuff, rearrange stuff, and especially correct stuff a lot after I press Publish. Guilty. :)

Cindy said...

Anna is so freakin' adorable! Claire loves to "pack" also, and there is no telling what random things will end up in her bag.

Will you please add me to the email list so that I don't keep missing blog posts?

Kimberly said...

Ha! She also packed a magnifying glass, a ballerina, a tiny basketball, and a pull-up. In the end, she forgot the whole thing and just grabbed a toy cell phone instead. :)

Yeah, girl, I'll add you to automated email list as long as you promise to tell me when you want back off. :) I don't want to add clutter in your inbox!