Jun 2, 2011

Finally Official: A New Job

It's official!  Josh got himself a new job that we are all so giddy about that it's hard to actually speak of because we are grinning so hard and we get these dreamy satisfied looks on our faces...and just sort of drift out of conversation and such.  :) We are so, so, so amazed at how this new position has worked its way into our lives and we will not stop thanking the Lord for it forever I think.

Monday, the email went out to Josh's team with Pearson about his leaving...

From: Shufelt, Susan J.

To: Low, Teresa; Naab, Steve; McGilvray, Shari; Mundis, Melinda; Duncan, Shane; Foster, Pamela K; Sansom, Anne; Haire, Ron

Sent: Tue May 31 20:03:52 2011

Subject: Joshua Brown

Good evening SE team! It is with mixed emotions that I share with each of you that Joshua Brown has resigned from his position with Pearson, effective July 1. He has accepted a district level position with Lebanon Special School District in TN. While we will miss him GREATLY, this position will allow him to spend more time with his family and do what he LOVES to do…mentor teachers.

Joshua, I know you will do a fantastic job! They are so lucky to have you!!!!

You will be missed!!!!!

Susan

P.S. Joshua shared with me that he will be overseeing the SM implementation. This sounds like a “best practice” site to me! Line up the customers, team! :)

Over the weekend, Josh showed us how to get to his new job just 30 minutes down the road.  We got all silly and grinning again and took pictures like tourists. 



And for the first time in YEARS (6-7 maybe?), Josh has an actual office outside our home to report to!  The novelty made him swoon, so I took this picture for him.  This, folks, is Josh's very own window to his very own office.  :)  Hee, hee, hee.


For now, Josh has a month of limbo/juggling between jobs which has turned out to give him more free time than he anticipated.  But it's been fun to do some spur-of-the-moment stuff with daddy right smack in the middle of the week.  Just yesterday he went sailing down the Cumberland River with us, as a matter of fact!  But today, he got up bright and early to report to his first meeting that his new boss asked him to attend in Nashville on behalf of his new school system, Lebanon Special School District.  Noah all morning keeps reminding me that "Daddy go to his SKOO (school) job," and "Anna, Daddy be home by dinner!"  :)  Seriously, it might be awhile before we come up for air from this new job euphoria we are happily drunk on.

So proud of you, Josh, and so excited to know we'll get to have you around more and on a regular basis, too.  Now, how to make Noah and Anna share you with me?  Hmmmmm......

6 comments:

Heather said...

Kimmie, I am just so excited for you guys! I remember you talking about it back in Baltimore and how excited you were then at the possibility of this new job. And to now know it's a reality is just really great! Thrilled for your family!! Guess that means you'll be sending more recipes this way since Josh will be home EVERY NIGHT for dinner! :) I'll try to post a few of my favorites to help you too! :)

The White Family said...

I'm so excited for you! I know the occassional travel for Jeremy is exhausting for me with the kids, so I cannot imagine how moms make it when their husbands travel all the time. I know you will love having him home every night and the kids will really benefit from it! Congratulations Josh!

Amy Faye Brown said...

Answered prayers. Praising God with y'all!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

HOORAY!!! So, so happy for the 4 of you. :)

Kimberly said...

Heather - true, true, true on the recipes. We were just talking about that last night - that I'll have to turn my cooking on overdrive now - to which I said I was HAPPY to in this instance. :)

Thanks, all!

The Robinsons said...

Congratulations, Brown family! This will be wonderful for your family. I have to admit that I am envious that you will have Daddy home every night. :) Best of luck at the new job!