Jun 29, 2011

Recipe: Fruit Salsa

For the past year, I have adored/devoured a friend's fruit salsa at every play date she's ever made it for.  I am sure I could have figured out the recipe if I had the gumption to before now, but it just never happened with my sub-par kitchen instincts and motivation.  But last week when I saw a blog post with the recipe, it was just the impetus/reminder I needed to get in gear and try my hand at making some myself.   It's delish.  And so, without further ado, friends: Fruit Salsa!

Fruit Salsa (and Cinnamon Chips)
  1. Rinse and dice 12 strawberries.
  2. Peel, rinse, and dice 2 kiwi.
  3. Dice 1/2 can of peaches in light syrup.
  4. Rinse and dice 2 apples.
  5. Mix all the fruit in large bowl, adding some juice from the canned peaches, if desired.
  6. (Brush 4 tortillas with olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.)

I used a few less strawberries and only 1 apple for this first attempt.  And I used Stacy's Cinnamon Pita Chips instead.  Love.   Noah was all about it and by the end of the plate was skipping the chips altogether to shovel the salsa in his face with a spoon. :)

4 comments:

The White Family said...

This sounds great! Connor will probably love it!

Emily said...

Y.U.M. That looks GOOD.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

This looks so yum. I'll have to try it soon. So glad you shared!

Unknown said...

ohhhhh I'm going to try that. Sounds delish!