Jun 13, 2011

Memory Lane

As Josh was cleaning out his email account recently, he came across this email I sent to our friends not long after we brought a newborn Noah home from FL.  I knew not a soul at the time since we had also just up and moved from GA to AL and, clearly, I needed an outlet for all the new and wide-eyed baby experiences we were accumulating. I still marvel at the fact that we had only 3 mos. to get our act together and prepare our minds and hearts for a baby.  Anyway, that email read as follows (and make sure you don't miss my PUN-tastic subject line):

From: Kimberly Brown [mailto:kimberlyhbrown@gmail.com ]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 11:43 AM
To: Deanna; David Conner; Kasey (work); Gina; Heather Henderson; Petra; Heather Bendix; Jenn; Laura Koslowsky; Shannon; Christen; Kim; Amanda; Lee and Emily Talmadge
Subject: Things we didn't knowa until Noah ... ok, that was way cheesy.
  1.   How normal and frequent (and interesting) conversations about baby poop can be (or as we like to refer to it- "poopie")
  2.   How nasty formula smells and how expensive it is (did you know Walmart keeps it behind special counters to prevent theft, which is apparently a big problem?)
  3.   How mesmerizing babies are... you just keep staring whether they are awake or asleep
  4.   How many strangers will stop you and talk to you and the baby
  5.   How cute other babies appear to us now that we have one of our own
  6.   How much diaper changes on a screaming baby have spiritual parallels  (hint...we are the screaming babies to God during necessary, difficult, trying times that grow/protect us)
  7.   How OK I can be with the idea of staying home
  8.   How often you can say the word "nipple" and it not be weird
  9.   How people will say things to a baby at least twice in a row ("You are sweet, yes, you are. You are so sweet")
  10.   Lactose free does not necessarily mean milk free (btw - Noah has a milk allergy)

Stay tuned for future new parenthood epiphanies...and more importantly - pictures of Noah.  Love you all!  Kimberly and Josh 
Oh my word, I wish I had started blogging back in 2005/2006.  I missed recording SO MUCH STUFF from that time til I came to my blogging senses in 2008.  Maybe starting a Memory Lane series will help me remember some more stuff I should have saved from those precious new parent years.  Maybe even more fun stuff to document from before that ... going back to mine and Josh's childhoods.  Josh, by the way, has deleted his blog (that he forgot about awhile back anyway) and has agreed to start just blogging here on Scrapbook Brown (under his own label) when the mood hits him.  :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww. I remember that email! It was amazing how fast you all got Noah and never looked back. Just wonderful memories that should be shared. I can't wait to read more about those early Noah days.

I wish I blogged too when Jacob was a baby, back when I had more time with one child. I can't even keep the blog I have now going. You inspire me though. I'm going to set a goal to write a post this week:-)

Kimberly said...

And IIIIII can still remember the view from where I was sitting on my front porch that night when you told me on the phone that you were pregnant that first time!

Laura Koslowsky said...

I remember that too :) You started your WPTM blog idea way back then. The nipple comment cracks me up although I have to admit I still struggle using the word for some reason even if I'm talking about a bottle.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

This is priceless. Just priceless.

Amy Faye Brown said...

No words...just smiles.

Kimberly said...

Josh likes to think finding an email like this proves that my delete-happy tendencies are flawed ... I never would have seen this again if it were up to my email storage policies. ;) I even go in and delete my trash and sent folders on a daily basis!

The White Family said...

Love it!