Jun 21, 2011

At the Words Again

While out of town this past weekend, I finished another great book by Tosca Lee.  It's called Havah and it tells the life of Eve from Eve's perspective.  So very interesting.  I devoured the interpretation as well as the very words used to tell the story. Go ahead and havah look (hee, hee, hee) at my word collection from Havah.

New-to-me Words:  polyphony, sloe, alluvial, welter, sonance, fulmination, snick, fulgent, raiment, lintel, hillock, jinked, glumes, hale, cosseted, cairn, weft, harridans, cyclamen, kvetch

Words I just love the sound/use/look of:  startlement, artless, wombtight, adroit, decried, apricot, hyssop, birdsong, ochre, scythe, untruth, askance, beatific, foibles, ewe, compote, wanderlust, hillock

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a good read! I'll have to grab that one. Thanks!