Dec 2, 2019

Thanksgiving Stuffs

We took in the slowest of slow Thanksgivings ever here at home.  Not much to say for it.  But thankful for the break.  Some shots.

There adorable DIY Paint Cookies my friend Lindsey Jo makes.
 
 
 

Josh and the kids did so much baking.  All the cookies and cheesecakes.  Don't ask my why. Usually this is an Anna thing, so I was intrigued at Noah jumping in one of the bake sessions.

We gave the kids a couple days of unlimited video game time and they did indeed videogame their brains out.  After one session in particular, Noah was stumbling and dizzy???  He has since decided the games are more enjoyable in moderation.

Simple feast.  We made stuffing to go with the leftovers to extend the feasting into day 2.

I offered to Anna the chance to do the lights on the house and she jumped at the idea.  She and Lasa got busy and it looks so fun out front. Josh also got the wreaths up on all the windows over the weekend.

The tree went up ... with colored lights this year ... not my preference but I am willing to let the kids have their way this time. 

I also picked 20 Santa ornaments to wean out and am hoping they sell on GTP here soon.  Gonna start shifting to ornaments with lyrics and phrases from carols and Scripture.

Another week, another cold, another breathing treatment.  I would blame my elderberry syrup for falling down on the job this year, but I think the public school pre-K scene is to blame.  Berries can only do so much. Oy. Soldiering on!

We finished the last of our Christmas shopping online and also got Christmas cards ordered.  I finished three books over the break.  Josh finished a big smooshy blanket project to sell, too.  As well, I got to have to a couple outings with dear friends ... Cafe Rakka with Karla, who was in town from OH, and an afternoon Panera session with my Cathy. Thankful!

No comments: