Dec 18, 2019

Pretend Santa

Lasa was adamant she was NOT going to sit on Santa's lap again this year.  I let her teacher know that, too, for their little field trip to see Santa at a nearby college.  Then she went and made a liar out of me by talking to Santa, lap and all!  I guess it helped to see that all her classmates were doing it just fine and enjoying their chats.

Then Josh brought home his Santa costume for his recurring Santa role for the special education and home-bound students in his district.  He wanted pics with Lasa for his mom, so pics we did.  Lasa said Josh is just the Pretend Santa and that the one she saw at school was the real Santa. 

The kicker is, we don't even do the Santa tradition with her.  I am too tired by child #3 to keep up the charade anymore.  I remind her we only pretend  about Santa.  But she insists he is real now.  Sigh.  Whatevs.  

Cute pics of Lasa with Pretend Santa/Daddy.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Girl, you let that precious baby believe in Santa. Keep up that charade. These moments are gone in a blink, sister, a dadgum blink.

Kimberly said...

I know you’re right. I think this works out best actually. With her being the driving force for believing instead of me teaching her to. Ha!