Dec 23, 2019

A Year of D Group Love

Just wrapped up a solid year with these dear friends from church, my D Group.  We met up every week on Thursday nights at 8:45 (til almost midnight sometimes!) to discuss our followed Bible readings/responses from that week, to pray, to share, to laugh, and to recite two whole chapters of Scripture we memorized a verse at at time.  We all did Ephesians 1 and then half of us did Ephesians 2 while the other half did Psalm 103.  I landed on the Psalm 103 squad. We went through the whole Bible this year and a lot of personal ups and downs in our families.  We grew closer to each other and to God's word and I am gonna miss this standing gathering after this ... not counting the Friday morning hangover from being out so late. Ha!  It was a year well spent.  Thank you, Lord!


Pic from our last night together this week.  We had dinner and had a little Favorite Things exchange which was SO fun.  Maddie had to miss because she was out-of town for a funeral, so Lindsey Jo cropped her in the second pic.  Keeping the gang together at all costs!
 

Love.

PS - I have never in my life memorized such huge chunks of Scripture.  It was amazing to do!  Definitely clinging to this worthwhile practice.  I think it is my favorite thing from this year along with such strengthened friendships.

No comments: