Dec 27, 2019

Missing Angelique

I truly never expected Angelique to just drop out of Lasa's life entirely.  And yet that seems to be  what has happened, what is happening.  I am sad about this.  I sincerely hope it isn't true.  We have tried repeatedly this year to meet up and at other times to just even get a response from her at all.  We even tried some Rodney numbers, but to no luck.  Back in March we had a fleeting bright response from her and an excitement to meet up, but it was promptly followed with radio silence.  So hard and sad.  She did share with us in that flurry of texts that she had another baby, which I think I shared about this summer already on Lasa's birthday post.

Anyway, I can't ignore the fact that it has now officially been two years since Lasa last SAW Angelique.  Two whole years. Basically half her life now. 

And now it has been one full year since Angelique texted Lasa of her own initiative.   She didn't reach out on her birthday or Halloween or Christmas this year ... which were firsts for her to not text around.

Those full chunks of time having now passed just don't bode well for much hope.  I still WILL hope (even though NONE of my friends can understand why) that she surfaces again one day even if for just a second.  I sure would love for Lasa to have as updated of a pic of her as possible to hold on to.

I just struggle with the loss for Lasa FOR Lasa.  I don't know what else to say. 

No comments: