Mar 31, 2018

Updates

Anna got a new dresser/vanity in her room.  It replaced a simple cubical shelf we have already sold.

We moved this shelf to the corner and put her butterfly pic on that wall.  Had to get rid of a pretty wall shelf in the process as well as her sewing machine and table, but it's all good.  Room to breathe now!
 

Her room got a big ole cleanup and cleanout in the process and looks fresh and updated again.

Josh is about 1/4 way through putting up this fence along the back of our yard.  We love it.  Not as much as we loved having natural green privacy, but love the restoration of privacy already, bit by bit.  

One of Lasa's ear tubes fell out last week.  The pediatrician was able to extract it easily where it was lodged in her ear canal.  Since then, she has continued to complain of stuff in her ear and I have DAILY been pulling so much pus and crap out of it with the back end of a bobby pin.  But I could see more in there and could not reach it.  So Josh took Lasa back to the ENT (her fourth ear-related appt in a month!) for some difference-making help, and I would say we got the start of that.  The ENT could not even see if her tube was there or not because of all the gunk in there.  So Josh held Lasa down and through her tears and pain, THEY VACUUMED her ear out and then they were good to go. No infection at the moment, but doing ear drops and saline nose rinses daily.  We will go back in three weeks to check-up on that stinker of an ear.  This girl is a trooper. 

Speaking of this girl, how about a TPR/Adoption update?  It's been awhile since I have done that.  We last saw Angelique in mid-December and today we are supposed to see her again.  It's been 3.5 months!  That is the longest she has been this absent and we are quite interested to see what is new with her and her new baby.  Wish us luck on this visit.  We have court coming up in just 2.5 weeks and I am on the edge of my seat in hope-mingled-with-what-I-know-is-a-disobedient-touch-of-anxiety.  I am working minute by minute on the daily,  confessing my weakness and momentary waves of fear to keep them in check and to praise the Lord in trust for what He is orchestrating and allowing to be or not be in these results.  I know it will be for our best! We have not heard word of a continuation this time, so we are quite hopeful we will actually see some closure one way or the other in April.  Please, Lord!!  Begging our Judge for favor from the judge.  Or better yet, a miracle change of heart in Angelique that would prevent this whole proceeding entirely.

A precious friend encouraged me greatly this week ... She said, 

And she sent me this and I say it out loud to steel myself.  Nope - is becoming my new fave word. Helps me take every thought captive and keep my eyes fixed on the Lord.

In other random news, I have been the recipient of TWO random acts of kindness in the past two weeks.  I had fun paying one forward, now we'll have fun paying the other forward!  Noah lost TWO teeth this week, one being his first molar.  Josh's air compressor that is older than the kids finally died.  This does not bode well for our washer and dryer which are older than our marriage.  HA!  And we had a zillion friends come visit see the bunnies this week.  We learned a valuable lesson - the bunnies do better with smaller crowds.  Going forward we will cap how many heads can be in the bunny bin at a time.  👍🏻

No comments: