Mar 31, 2018

Passover Seder

Noah, Anna, and I got to participate in our first ever Passover Seder this year.  This was Josh's second time.  It was such a rich experience, I wish I had been doing it all along. I learned so much and can tell I will learn much more from the practice, recitations, history, symbolism.  We loved it!  Thankful for our Redeemer Church.  They prioritize this tradition every year on Maundy Thursday.  All 100 seats were filled and there was a waiting list.  Alas, the room was packed and could hold no more.  Some pics (thanks, Brandy, for letting me borrow this first shot!)...
 

Anna was stunned by the fire of the bitter herb (horseradish) and panicked when she could not get her water open.  She was dying and silently shrieking but did so good to control her misery until someone could help the poor girl out.  It was hysterical.  The bitter root represents the tears of affliction for the Israelites during bondage.  Anna FELT the tears of affliction.  Bless it.
 

Toward the end of the process, we all enjoyed a more full meal together and it was delicious.  

Humbled by the goodness and abundance of our Lord this Easter season, communicated so well in the Dayenu portion of the Seder meal.  My favorite part. Thankful!

No comments: