Jul 27, 2015

Wrapping up Psalm

I attended a Bible Journaling class this weekend 


and I am so pumped to mark my next studies in that vein of note-taking in a brand new bible.  But, I am also sad to pass the torch, so to speak.  I have been using the Promise Bible on the left for years and years ... I love it, its theme with God's promises highlighted in blue throughout, its New Living Translation, and my accumulated notes within it.


 Feels like home every time I open it.


Like a security blanket, it will remain nearby on the shelf under my nightstand, but it's time to move into a new Bible and a new chapter of study.  I picked up a HCS Journaling Bible and cracked its pages last night.  I whimpered at the emptiness and lack of my own study history evident on its pages.  They are blank as blank can be. 


But I mustered the nerve to break the ice and use a couple tips I picked up at the journaling class this weekend. I put pencil-and-then-pen-to-paper in Proverbs last night, a great place to start.


Before I go any further though, I wanted to give a shout out to the rest of Psalm which took my breath away again in this last read through.  Standout passages are screen-shotted as follows.

Psalm 104.
May he be pleased by all these thoughts about him, for I rejoice in the Lord. Yes!


Psalm 111. 
Glory.  Majesty. Righteous. Gracious. Merciful. Powerful. Just. Good. Trustworthy. True. Holy.  Awe-Inspiring. 

Praise Him, indeed!


Psalm 116. 
The best I can offer is praise.  Praise Him!  Testify to what all he has done.


Psalm 119.
Can you tell I EAT UP chapter 119.  Like, every. single. verse!


 Every line dripping with love and respect for every line of God's word.


Still in 119.
How beautiful - Your principles have been the music of my life. So thankful that I can say this is true  in my life as a whole.


Verse 73 makes me grin. 
You made me, you created me, now GIVE ME THE {common} SENSE to follow your commands. Yes.  That, Lord.  Give me all of that please.


Psalm 138.
 ... because your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.  WOW!  That's a lot of backing.


Such a great book to end my run in my Promise Bible and the NLT.  Here's to this next journaling chapter of Bible study being a little more pretty to look at than black and white screen shots. :)  Here's to more of Ps. 119:18 ... Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your law ... in every next book of Scripture I dive into.

5 comments:

Emily said...

You are so inspiring to me. I want my bible to look like that. It doesn't. I want my children to see that I love to study scripture, not just seasonal ladies bible study books I will be remedying that with the new bible Lee bought me around this time last year.

In case you weren't aware, I'm just really thankful for you. I love you!

Kimberly said...

Awwww, shucks. :} You can do it! The more you read and learn, the more you want to read more!

Emily said...

That is true... ;)

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I've been saving this in my inbox to stop by and say that I love this. A lot.

Kimberly said...

💜