Jul 30, 2015

Feeling Adventurous

At 12:30 yesterday, Susan from Jonah's Journey called and chuckled as she asked me a loaded question, "Are you feeling adventurous today?"

Ready for anything (kinda), I said, "Sure!" 

And within a few hours I had this 3 day old snickerdoodle in my home, in my arms. 


When she wasn't in the kids' arms, that is.




At the moment, Noah's been holding her for an hour.  Just did a shift change and an antsy Anna has her back.  Not a bad way to do baby duty!  I have caught up on messages, started laundry, reorganized baby gear, eaten breakfast, and am now blogging!

A few more shots before I get back to schoolwork and baby stuff...


Momma and baby in the NICU yesterday.
  

Lasa is baby's name. I keep wanting to call her Leia.  She is not the one we got the crib for originally, but she is the one born the very day we put it together ... so it's possible she WAS the one and we just didn't know it yet. :}


This happened to our bedroom last night. 
Downgrading to a bassinet tonight though. :}


Late night baby watching.  I got maybe 3 hours of sleep last night.


Not complaining though.  Yet.  HA!


Good morning! 
And I do mean morning.  Been up since 5.  What?!?

9 comments:

Amy Faye Brown said...

Oh, sweet baby.
If I was closer I'd come feed my baby fix and wrangle her away from your kiddos for a good rocking chair session.
Wow. A newborn.
And homeschool.
Wow. Just wow.

How long is her placement?

Emily said...

Oh mY word, I want to squeeze that baby girl!!!!! I selfishly hope you DO still have her when we visit!!! (I know I know, baby should be with her momma, but I sure hope her momma is ready to take on a baby with whatever has caused her to have her child taken away.

Emily said...

I can't believe you, have a newborn. *wee bit envious*

Emily said...

and I like Laea :)

Emily said...

Leia, that is...

Emily said...

Brooklyn hopes you have her still over Labor Day too :) "She was born on my birthday! awwwww! I want to see her!!"

Kimberly said...

I just had the last of five different friends over various hours of the day leave. Lots of baby fixes had been had today. Ha!

Expectation is 2 weeks. Realistically, I think it will be more. Ready for anything though. Feeling adventurous! :}

Elizabeth Bradley said...

I'm loving this post with all these pictures... and with tidbits of info about the sweet bundle sharing your home. Will certainly be praying for all of you!

Kimberly said...

thanks, Elizabeth! ♥ Pray for Lasa's momma, too. That she can get clean, get stable, and meet all her requirements to take baby girl back ... starting with getting into a treatment program. She is on a waiting list right now for one of the two in Nashville that let the moms bring their babies with them.

Can I just blow y'all's minds a smidge more than the reality of me with a baby and not freaking out about it? ... I just attempted to baby-wear. As in, strapped her to me in a MayaWrap. I didn't do that with either of my own kiddos. Not even once! What is happening to me?????